Basements in Mentor, OH are prone to flooding
Basements in Mentor, OH are prone to flooding, and there are water damage repair specialists in Mentor. Water always runs from high to low ground, and this means that under the right circumstances your basement becomes an unwanted swimming pool. But where does the water come from?
- One common culprit behind basement flooding is rain. Excessive amounts of rain in a short period of time can overload basement waterproofing systems, saturating the earth around your basement and then pushing in through foundation cracks.
- Even properly waterproofed basements fail because they can't handle the incoming water load, your basement will flood.
- The slope of your lawn can contribute to flooding.
- If you have flood insurance, call your insurance provider. If you're not sure, check your plan. Some companies deliberately omit floods and won't cover the replacement of any water-damaged items. Knowing this upfront is very important. A lot of people just assume they are covered from flood damage and are shocked when they find out they are not.
- The insurance company will send out an adjuster to assess the damage, take a list of all the items and call in a professional and many insurance professionals in our area will tell you to call SERVPRO of Mentor!
Whether you go with insurance or not, you'll want to call an expert like SERVPRO of Mentor. We will handle the mess and get you home back to normal quickly.