Recovering After a Storm in Mentor, OH
SERVPRO of Mentor provides Emergency Board Up and Roof Covering/Tarps for Mentor homeowners.
SERVPRO of Mentor offers board up/roof covering service that can greatly help Mentor homeowners minimize potential damage to your property from a storm or help you secure your property after an unexpected disaster occurs such as damage from a car or tree. Water damage that goes untreated will eventually make its way from your roof to the very foundation of your Avon home.
Here’s how SERVPRO of Mentor can help you when disaster strikes:
- Emergency Temporary Repairs: Help you minimize further damages, safely secure your property and begin the cleanup and restoration process.
- Weatherization: Winterizing plumbing pipes is a process that prepares household plumbing for freezing temperatures that can cause leaks and breaks in the home
- Generators and Temporary Power: Ensure that you have the power you need when your primary source is shut down.
- Emergency Heating and A/C: HVAC Specialist available 24/7
- Tree Impact/Removal: Emergency Tree removal, haul away, & stump grinding available. If you have tree damage to your home, we will be there to help and board up or tarp your home so it is secure until reconstruction begins.
SERVPRO of Mentor is a full-service restoration company. We work directly with your insurance to restore you home back to normal.
If you have an emergency causing water damage to your Mentor home, we will be there to help 24/7!
You have water damage, now what?
If water damage does occur in your Mentor home, immediately call SERVPRO of Mentor. SERVPRO’s teams will:
- Assess damage for restorability and safety.
- Determine the extent of the moisture content in effected areas.
- Move and prop up furniture on blocks if necessary.
- Extract the water.
- Remove carpets and carpet pads if necessary.
- Spray to treat germs and bacteria in contaminated areas.
- Start the drying process with air movers and dehumidification equipment.
- Ensure rooms are completely dry and conduct a walk through with homeowners to guarantee customer satisfaction.
Preventative maintenance is key to avoiding a possible water, mold, of fire damage loss. If you or someone you know succumbs to any type of water damage, give us a call to make your home look “Like it never even happened.”
Your local storm damage experts in Mentor, OH
SERVPRO of Mentor offers services in all aspects of storm damage repair, such as water removal, dehumidification, drying, mold remediation and containment. Using state of the art equipment such as high-powered pumps, vacuums, and dehumidifiers, along with our decades of extensive experience in restoration, we promise our customers nothing but the highest quality results possible.
There can be several repairs which need to be done and that should be kept in mind. Quite often walls or drywall need to be replaced and sometimes major re-construction is necessary when it comes to storm damage repair. Carpet and flooring are usually destroyed and these areas will need to be repaired or replaced as well.
The removal of sewage and other debris left behind from the storm may also need to be taken care of and our team of restorers work hard, with no job being too small or large for them. We excel in any repair context, assuring you that your home or business will be restored back to its original condition.
Our friendly staff of representatives are available 24 hours a day to take your calls at any time. Dial 440-887-9000 to book a estimate. We are definitely confident that we can help you out, no matter how extensive the storm damage may have been to your property. It’s no secret that storms cause large amounts of damage and we’ll be there for you when it does.
Water Damage Repair in Mentor OH
When your Mentor, OH home has water damage from flooding or leaks, you need the company that can respond immediately and has the expertise and equipment to properly restore your property. SERVPRO of Mentor is your local water removal company. We specialize in water damage cleanup in Mentor, OH.
Our certified technicians will preform an advanced water damage inspection and utilize advanced equipment to help them find the moisture and so they remove it as quickly as possible. Our highly trained technicians will monitor and document the drying process so that you know your property is back to normal and are kept up to date every step of the way.
This time of the year homes are prone to flooded basements because of heavy rains. It’s important to make sure your gutters remain cleaned and clear to help draining water stay on the outside of your home where it belongs!
If you are faced with water damage call SERVPRO Mentor.
Do you know the different types of water damage?
When your Mentor OH home or business suffers a water damage, understanding what type of water you are dealing with is critical to ensuring proper cleanup. There are three types of water. Clean water is water from a broken pipe, or other water source; rainwater is also considered clean. The term gray water is used to classify slightly contaminated water. Clean water becomes gray when it is left untreated allowing bacteria and other contaminants to begin growing, making the water hazardous. Black water is highly contaminated and filled with fungi, bacteria, chemicals and more. Black water is typically caused by sewage damage, flooding or any type of natural disaster. Black water should always be handled by trained professional. When you have a water damage, don't leave your property to chance. Call SERVPRO of Mentor. Consider taking the following precautions to help minimize damage or prevent further damage while waiting for help to arrive.
Damage from Clean Water:
- Shut off the water source if possible or contact a qualified professional to do so.
- Turn off circuit breakers for wet areas of the building if access to the power distribution panel is safe from potential electrical shock. Do not enter rooms with standing water, as electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting. Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and pop up wet upholstery cushions to allow more even drying.
- Move any painting, art objects, computers, documents and other valuable items that may be sensitive to moisture to a safe place.
- Do not leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors as they may cause staining.
- Do not use your household vacuum cleaners to remove water as there is potential for electrical shock or causing damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Do not turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet; do not enter rooms where ceiling are sagging from retained water.
Damage from Contaminated Water:
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage. Wash your hands thoroughly if you come in contact with contaminated items.
- Do not walk through contaminated areas, as you could spread damage to unaffected areas.
- Do not turn on HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Do not use household fans to dry the structure; airflow could spread contaminants.
- Discard any food and/or products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
If you have any type of water damage or flood damage in Mentor or the surrounding areas, leave the cleanup to SERVPRO of Mentor!
Are you preparing to sell your Mentor, OH home? Let us help!
Right now it's a seller's market in Cleveland. Selling your home can be an overwhelming experience as you coordinate between realtors, inspections and potential buyers. SERVPRO of Mentor is happy to help clean your house and get it ready for showings and its sale. Potential homeowners can rest assured that they're entering a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned Space!
With our highly trained crews we are prepared to help with any cleaning task ranging from mold remediation to deodorization to general cleaning services. If you experienced a water damage in the past and it wasn't taken care of properly, our crews can help restore your home so it is show ready! We have helped many homeowners prepare and sell their homes with a top to bottom cleaning. Our thorough cleaning services can include wiping ceilings and walls, trim, the exterior of baseboard registers, and cleaning the inside and outside of kitchen and bathroom appliances. Window cleaning and floor cleaning are a great way to finish the project up and add the final sparkle to your fresh home.
We would be happy to set up a time for an estimator to come onsite to answer any questions you may have, and to get you a good idea of what the project would entail and cost. SERVPRO of Mentor is always here to help.
Categories of Water Damage
IICRC Standard and Reference Guide for Professional Water Damage Restoration sets three categories of water that cause damage in buildings. They are summarized as follows:
Category 1 Water - Refers to a source of water that does not pose substantial threat to humans and classified as "Clean Water". Category 1 water may become contaminated if it mixes with soils or floor coverings, building assemblies, etc... Time and temperature can promote growth and amplification of microorganisms in water can cause Category 1 water to degrade.
Examples of category 1 water are: a broken water supply line (including the toilet), and tub or sink overflows.
Category 2 Water - Refers to a source of water that contains a significant degree of chemical, biological or physical contaminants. These contaminants can cause discomfort or sickness when exposed or consumed. This water type carries micro organisms and is nicknamed "Gray water."
Examples of category 2 water are: toilet bowls with urine (no feces), sump pump failures, dishwasher water discharge, and washing machine water discharge.
Category 3 Water - Nicknamed "Black Water" and are grossly unsanitary. These indoor water sources contain unsanitary agents, harmful bacteria and fungi, causing severe discomfort or sickness.
Examples of type 3 water are: water sources from sewage, seawater, stream or river water, ground surface water or standing water.
Category 2 Water that is not promptly removed and remained stagnant may be re classified as Category 3 Water. Toilet back-ups that originate from beyond the toilet trap is considered black water contamination regardless of visible content or color.
Knowing the classification of your water in your Mentor home may help you understand personal safety concerns and the necessary material and debris removal anticipated.
If you have water damage, give us a call!
A quick response saves you money!
A pipe break in your Mentor, OH home can cause major damages if not taken care of in a timely manner. SERVPRO of Mentor is the company to call in any emergency water clean up situation in Mentor.
We are locally owned and operated. Our crews are certified and trained to handle disasters of any size. Water damage can come in many different forms, and it's important to call in professionals when you are in need of water damage repair because our crews are trained to look for the details and any underlying issues. Your safety is our top priority. We make disasters "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO of Mentor can be called 24/7 for help and questions anytime. We are available 365 days a year.
Lake Erie Storms in Mentor, OH
Living so close to Lake Erie, it’s hard to know what kind of storms will roll in year-round in Mentor. Even though Spring is here, doesn't mean severe storms are done for the year! If your Mentor home has storm damage or water damage, give us a call!
Winter brings lake effect snow that can cause bad damage to homes and spring brings the floods. Regardless of what kind of weather we are experiencing, our teams are always ready to help when disaster strikes. SERVPRO of Mentor is faster to any size disaster. We are your water damage and storm damage experts. We are your go-to certified professionals for pipe bursts, frozen pipes, fire damage, basement flooding, and any type of water damage. If you need help with mold remediation after you experience storm damage, we’ll be there to help!
We are faster to any size storm disaster. Call SERVPRO of Mentor, we’ll be there to help!
We are a full service restoration company
SERVPRO of Mentor provides restoration and reconstruction services for residential and commercial spaces in Mentor, OH, and the surrounding areas. We serve those that have suffered water damage, fire damage, storm damage, and more. We’re a responsive, reliable team with more than 25 years of experience in the Northern Ohio area, making people and their homes whole again. We strive for excellence in everything we do. Let us do excellent restoration work for you.
Whether you have a flooded basement or fire damage from a kitchen fire, SERVPRO of Mentor is faster to any size disaster. Our teams of certified professionals are available to help 24/7.
SERVPRO of Mentor proudly serves the Mentor, Mentor-On-The-Lake, Fairport Harbor, Perry and Madison.